Kindergarten Registration Information
Ross Township residents can register their children for the 2020-21 school year at
either of these events:
- Postponed until further notice
At Iddings Elementary School, 7249 Van Buren St. Please enter through Door E.
Registration for all five schools held at one location!
Your child must be age 5 by Aug. 1, 2020. DOWNLOAD flyer here.
At these events you’ll be able to...
- Learn about your kindergartener’s daily schedule and activities.
- Talk with school nurses and representatives from food services, the transportation dept. and media services.
- Discover how to engage with the PTO.
- Gather information from Head Start and area businesses.
- Enjoy fun activities with your children!
- Connect with the Adventure Club (before and after-school care).
If you are unsure if your child will attend Merrillville Schools due to your address, please visit the following link to confirm:
Please bring your child and the necessary documentation including:
- Child’s STATE BOARD of HEALTH Birth Certificate (we are unable to accept the certificate given by the hospital)
- Court issued custodial papers (if applicable)
- Child’s immunization record
- Your driver’s license or state-issued photo identification card
- (your ID should reflect your Ross Township address)
- • Proof of Ross Township Residency
(see below for a list of acceptable documents to prove residency)
Two (2) of the following items are required:
- Utility Bill (NIPSCO, water, or sewer)
- Deed, Contract or Mortgage Statement
- Lake County Tax Bill
(Pending defined as 30 days prior to occupancy)
- Letter, on realtor letterhead, of pending purchase and the projected date of move-in and the name/address of purchasing family.
- Letter, on contractor letterhead, validating pending construction of the home and projected move-in date and name/address of purchasing family.
- Offer to purchase/purchase agreement/contract
Lease/rent agreement: Must include ALL of the following: parent/guardian name, school-age students on the agreement as tenants, name and phone number of the manager/landlord and beginning and ending date of the agreement. The school maintains the right to contact the landlord to confirm residency.
One of the following items is required:
- Utility bill (NIPSCO, water, or sewer)
- Vehicle registration
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) letter from the State of Indiana
If you are unable to provide proof of residency as a result of residing with a family or individual, they MUST accompany you to the registration.
The resident will be required to provide documents proving Ross Township residency, their driver’s license or state-issued photo identification reflecting the
Ross Township address, and complete an addendum form in the presence of a school resource officer (SRO).
If you are not able to register during these times, please call your child’s school to schedule an appointment.
Immunization restrictions hinder us from enrolling children on the first day of school. Delaying registration could also have an effect on your child receiving bus service the first day(s) of school.