- Students may have three items checked out at one time.
- Items are checked out to students for 2 weeks and the due date is stamped on a card in the back of the item. IF IN DOUBT, PLEASE COME BY THE MEDIA CENTER TO ASK THE MEDIA CENTER STAFF or CHECK ONLINE.
- Books may be renewed or returned at any time before the 2 week due date. Items can be renewed online three times. After that, the items must be brought in to the Media Center for renewal.
- Magazines are checked out OVERNIGHT ONLY, and may be renewed on a DAILY basis. Only 1 Magazine may be checked out at a time.
- Items that are renewed or returned late will be charged an overdue fine. Overdue fines on ALL items are 5 cents per day/per item. Maximum fine on each item is $2.00.
- Overdue fines on all materials that have reached the $2.00 fine limit will be considered LOST, and parents will be billed for the cost of the item (Magazine replacement is $5.00 per issue).
- Overdue fines can be paid in the Media Center. Only cash is accepted at MHS.
- Returned lost books that have been paid for will be refunded through the end of the school year only.
- Students that return items that are damaged will be charged the replacement cost for that item.
- Students may choose to work off their Media Center fines before or after school, or during lunch. Please see Media Staff to schedule a time.
- All overdue items, fines and lost book fees must be paid before students attend Prom and in order for seniors to participate in the graduation ceremony.
- Check-out privileges for students will be suspended for the following reasons:
- Fines on their account have reached $2.00
- Have 1 or more overdue/lost/damaged items on account