VISIT THE MERRILLVILLE EDUCATION
The Merrillville Education Foundation invites you to participate in its Fourth Annual Walk-a-Thon fundraiser on Saturday, Oct. 9!
Participants in the “Better Health, Better Minds” event will be walking at Merrillville High School to raise funds for MEF teacher grants.
DOWNLOAD YOUR REGISTRATION FORM HERE and join them for a day of prizes, food, exercise and fun, while supporting new education opportunities for Merrillville Community School students.
- Registration begins at 8 a.m. and walking will begin at 9 a.m.
- Location of the walk will be at the Merrillville High School Soccer/Track & Field Area (east of the football stadium). In case of rain, everyone will walk in the MHS Field House.
- Minimum participation donation is $10 for ages 5 and up.
- EVERY participant must submit a signed event disclaimer in order to walk in the event.
- Participants are asked to walk one mile, but can choose to walk more if they wish.
- T-shirts for ages 5 years and older will be given to each participant who raises/brings in at least $20 in sponsorship donations and submits the registration form and donations to their school’s office by Thursday, Sept. 23. Late registration and additional funding may be turned in on the day of the event, but no T-shirt can be guaranteed. Additional T-shirts will be available to purchase on Saturday, Oct. 9, while supplies last.
- Participants will receive one raffle ticket for a chance to win a door prize on the event day. The raffle ticket will be given at the time of registration on Oct. 9.
- Participants raising $100 or more are guaranteed a prize! The student who raises the most money will get first choice of the available prizes.
- This is a family-friendly event open to EVERYONE in the community. If you are unable to participate, consider making a donation to MEF.
2021 Sponsorship Opportunities
MEF is asking for help from community businesses and school patrons to partner with us in this worthwhile endeavor.
Please consider contributing in one or more ways to help our cause. To view suggested sponsorship opportunities, CLICK/TAP HERE for their information letter.
They also need gift cards/gift certificates for Walk-a-Thon participant prizes.
They hope that this will continue to be a huge community event so they can continue to provide impactful grants that enhance students’ learning experiences. Teacher grants are awarded semi-annually by the Foundation.
They weren't able to hold the event in 2020, so check out the fun from the 2019 event in the video below: